1) OECD projects that women will account for two out of every three graduates across advance economies by 2020.
2) A Credit Suisse Research Institute found balanced boards with more women leaders let to higher returns on equity and superior stock price performance. Barclays Bank took that fact and set up ‘The Barclays Women in Leadership Total Return Index’ to track and invest in female-led companies. The index has grown 28% in the last 12 months.
3) The two most powerful finance positions in the world are both held by women: Christine Lagarde, MD of the IMF and Janet Yellen, Chair of the US Federal Reserve.
4) 45% of all business leadership positions in Russia are now held by women. Followed by Lithuania (39%), Philippines (39%), Estonia (37%), Thailand (37%) and Indonesia (36%), according to the latest global survey by Grant Thornton.
5) Women-led startups now account for over 50% of all startups in sub-Saharan Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Zambia, and the percentage is growing.
While there is still a long way to go before women have the same share of leadership positions as men, growth in equality is growing.
Our entire global senior leadership team at Entrepreneurs Institute (except me and Suraj!) are made up of women and over 55% of our top mentoring circles and investor circle are women entrepreneurs. We are far better off because of it. So the equal balance and connected culture we are experiencing in our global entrepreneur community is a sign of things to come.
So keep growing the wave and #BeBoldForChange #IWD2017
Happy International Women’s Day 2017
“I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will… I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself.” ~ Amy Schumer, Gloria Awards and Gala